One of those days where something comes up, and takes you by surprise. Just hurts. Not the end of the world kind of thing, but just makes you feel awful about yourself, and self doubt settles in. Makes you question everything you do, and why. I was going to take a break from blogging and dive into some chocolate.
Well, if you didn’t know….. that was how I USE to deal with things when I was upset or stressed. Now that I’m down over 55lbs (yeah me!!) I’m so NOT going there again. Not anymore! Instead I decided that I would DIVE head first into another project, for all of YOU, who always cheer me up (and lock up all the chocolate in the meantime!). I will just be positive, and push through this time, like I always do. No sense in getting upset over something I can’t change. Right? It is what it is.
Now to make me feel even better-I am giving this project away to one of you! You all cheer me up everyday, and giving you a chance at today’s video project will definitely cheer me up! I hope you like it.
Just leave a comment on the project here, and I will pick a random.org winner on Saturday! OK!
So this is what you have a chance at winning……….
As high as your dreams-I created the sentiment and LOVE IT!
I love the whimsical feel it has, and the colors are perfect! It has the perfect amount of shimmer too. Can’t go wrong 😀
So this project is up for grabs, and is the subject of a 3 part video I have for you all.
You KNOW Im too long winded to stick to UNDER 10 minutes! Seriously!
I hope you don’t get sick of hearing me. Let me tell you this project for you all was a true joy and stress reliever for me today. I had fun.
What I LOVE about doing these videos is I get to ENJOY teaching, without all the prep work! My own little classroom from home-heaven!
Video 1-Start to finish My Timeless Templates-card box pockets
SORRY YouTube REJECTED this because it was 44 seconds too long!! GRR!! So you need to go to Veoh. Now I just wish I uploaded it all to ONE place. Im very annoyed with YouTube. Plus I couldn’t edit it any more than it was :C
Video 2-Making the box base
Video 3-Creating the center sentiment with JustRite Stampers
Thanks for watching 😀
After much anticipation, many of you asked for a few things:
1) To see My Timeless Templates used-start to finish-CHECK! see video #1
2) For the directions for the Birthday Card Organizer-CHECK! That is what the video is for-all 3!
3) To see how theJustRite Stamper’s sets work-CHECK! See video #3
4) Most you you didn’t like Veoh because you couldn’t view it, so you asked that I separate the videos into 3 parts-so I tried! Honestly that was a HUGE ole pain in my derriere, and my site crashed 3 times, making me re-do 2 of the 3 videos! UGH! I should soon have the plug-in here for longer stuff. Im just waiting in the SCS guy to fix it 😀
5) Longer wording in between segments-I tried that too. I can read these just fine, and with so many wordings, it cuts into precious video timing-so pause if needed. I think I timed it well this time. I am getting better. Its only #3 and I see a big difference.
PS tell me if you like me shooting from that angle instead or not!
6) Written instructions for my videos, along with the video. OK Im not sure how often that is going to happen because this is all so time consuming already. I pour so much of myself into my projects, and the behind the scenes stuff, now videos…….AND updating here DAILY. Lets not forget I have 3 kids, so not sure if thats always going to happen.
Bottom line-you talk, I listen! So I hope you know I appreciate every comment and email, and ALL the feedback. Thanks!
Now for more photos, and an IMPORTANT note
After video #1 I had to re -create 1 & 2. After re-doing it twice, I forgot the put the segment in the video where I made my label tabs on the pocket segments :C
Sorry about that. I think you will agree, the videos share enough info, and this was a minor detail. I do apologize!
I stamped 2 months per label, and made sure they were all staggered! Not too much more than that was shared.
I put them on AFTER all my pockets are done.
My Timeless Template: All Boxed Up
Stamps:JustRite Stampers Upper/lowercase New Times Roman alpha (sentiment made using these)
JustRite Stampers Harmony Circle III border (butterfly border around sentiment)
Butterfly of Happiness from Stampin Up!
Wedding Day -used for label months/butterfly on labels
Punches/Die Cuts: Stampin Up! Label punch, Circle nestabilities , corner rounder
Cardstock: White, True Black, Raspberry Fizz, and SU! Gray
Ink: SU! gray, raspberry fizz
Now I have the quick directions for the basic box!
1) Print 8 pocket templates using All Boxed up Template (linked above).
2-on copy paper to make true black pockets
2) Cut, score and assemble.
3) Punch 8 white tags. Stamp with months using gray ink. Stamp butterfly in scattered pattern.
4) Adhere tags to pockets, being sure to stagger them for easy viewing.
Birthday Box Base
8 1/2 X 11 piece of cardstock for base
1) Along 11 inch side score at 2 1/2 & 8 1/2
2) Along 8 1/2 side-score at 2 1/2 & 7
3) Along both 11 inch sides-cut on scored tabs, to scored edge.
4) Assemble box (there will be ONE long end that is shorter-this is what your back panel will adhere to/cover)
Apply decorative panels if you wish.
1) Take 6 X 11 sheet of cardstock for back panel. Along 11 inch side-score at 5 1/2
2) Apply adhesive to entire back, and fold over adhere to back (of short panel) on assembled box.
Stamp panels as desired
Insert pockets-then fill with cards and envelopes!
So that is it!
So leave me a comment telling me your thoughts, or whatever.
Thanks for the pick me up, and enjoy the video 😀
Tommorrow is another day.
Check in Saturday too, for another Saturday Sketch.